The world of work is changing.
Are you aged 16-25? Are you looking for an opportunity to get into the workforce or to start your own venture?
If this is you, we invite you to be part of ‘Be a Job Maker’ and learn the skills to be prepared to take advantage of the opportunities of the future.
Program commences Monday 29th May
We are currently accepting applications for youth living in Northern Adelaide. If this is you, please apply now and we will be in touch shortly.
The Connected Youth – ‘Be a Job Maker’ program aims to engage young people with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Northern Adelaide. The program provides real-world, hands-on experience working with start-ups, entrepreneurs, business, government, Flinders University’s New Venture Institute and researchers. Support and mentoring throughout the program will be provided by experts in career planning, business and industry, education, research, entrepreneurship, innovation and youth engagement.
Program components include:
- Uncovering your passion and goals; develop networking skills including personal branding online and offline
- A BluePrint for the CAREER you deserve facilitated by Career BluePrint
- Case management and mentoring with regular check-in chats
- Entrepreneurial and/or workplace based project
- Party Wise facilitated by the Sammy D Foundation
- Graduation event
Click here to see a virtual tour of the innovation space you will be working from at New Venture Institute!
- Capabilities –
- Personal and social capability
- Ethical understanding
- Literacy and numeracy
- ICT Capability
- Critical and creative thinking
- Careers – Explore career planning and understand pathways and options available.
- Experience – Work placement in a startup/business environment, understanding business context and culture.
- Entrepreneurship – Foster an entrepreneurial mindset and capabilities with knowledge of a lean startup approach.
- Engagement – Build social connections and economic participation including job outcomes or self-employment.
Thanks for the support of the SA Government, this course is $0 for all participants and is valued at $1667.
To be confirmed.
To talk to us about this program, please contact Jessica Perry email@example.com