The world of work is changing.
Are you aged 16-24? Are you looking for an opportunity to get into the workforce or to start your own venture?
If this is you, we invite you to be part of ‘Be a Job Maker’ and learn the skills to be prepared to take advantage of the opportunities of the future.
Program commences Tuesday 15 August
We are currently accepting applications for youth living in Whyalla. If this is you, please apply now and we will be in touch shortly.
The Connected Youth – ‘Be a Job Maker’ program aims to engage young people with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Whyalla. The program provides real-world, hands-on experience working with start-ups, entrepreneurs, business, government, Flinders University’s New Venture Institute and researchers. Support and mentoring throughout the program will be provided by experts in career planning, business and industry, education, research, entrepreneurship, innovation and youth engagement.
Program components include:
- Uncovering your passion and goals; develop networking skills including personal branding online and offline
- A BluePrint for the CAREER you deserve facilitated by Career BluePrint
- Case management and mentoring with regular check-in chats
- Entrepreneurial and/or workplace based project
- Party Wise facilitated by the Sammy D Foundation
- Graduation event
- Capabilities –
- Personal and social capability
- Ethical understanding
- Literacy and numeracy
- ICT Capability
- Critical and creative thinking
- Careers – Explore career planning and understand pathways and options available.
- Experience – Work placement in a startup/business environment, understanding business context and culture.
- Entrepreneurship – Foster an entrepreneurial mindset and capabilities with knowledge of a lean startup approach.
- Engagement – Build social connections and economic participation including job outcomes or self-employment.
Thanks for the support of the SA Government, this course is $0 for all participants and is valued at $1667.
Location: TAFE SA, Whyalla Campus, 141 Nicolson Ave, Whyalla Norrie SA 5608
Get in touch with Rachael on 8201 7928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org