Innovative Manufacturing Accelerator
Hours of student
Welcome to the Innovative Manufacturing Accelerator!
Ready to apply for IMA 2020? Get your applications in for the next round of our Innovative Manufacturing Accelerator.
Turn your challenges into opportunities, in just six weeks.
The Innovative Manufacturing Accelerator (IMA) Program combines the best of Flinders’ world-class advanced manufacturing and prototyping capabilities, with access to Flinders University academics and researchers and cutting-edge research.
Companies with current business challenges that require upskilling in Industry 4.0 skills are welcome to join the IMA Program to accelerate the process of identifying, developing and prototyping new solutions for business innovation challenges.
What can you achieve in the IMA?
This program will allow you to:
- Identify a challenge you want to solve within your organisation
- Learn about available technologies to make your business model more competitive at national and global scale
- Assess tools, experts and funding to explore and refine your solutions
- Rapidly prototype solutions using the latest tools and the most advanced labs.
What's involved in the program?
As the representative for your organisation, you’ll be able to bring in a challenge that you would like to work on and/or explore new opportunities that will benefit you and your company.
1. Discover and identify how to combine Business Model Innovation with Industry 4.0 skills (e.g. Big Data Analytics, Robots & Automation, 3D Printing, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Simulation & Visualisation, Cybersecurity) and even 5.0 skills (Biometrics and Bioengineering);
2. Access Flinders University Academics and Researchers with top expertise in Industry 4.0/5.0;
3. Link to Flinders University students who can work with the companies to help them with their challenges (via work integrated learning or work experience);
4. Access to the IMA Advisory Board: group of top specialists in Industry 4.0 technology, networks and funding in Australia and overseas;
5. Mentoring from more than 30 mentors (Flinders Academics and Industry experts) that your company can draw on to advise and help shape your solution;
6. Access to more than 50 Flinders University Labs and 3D Printing facilities (for prototyping);
7. Access to the New Venture Institute’s international expertise and contacts to help take your company reach global markets.
Participation is restricted to maximum of five companies at any one time, to ensure unparalleled access to support and resources focused on solving the challenge you set.
Have any questions about IMA?
We’re here to help you figure out what the program will mean for you and your business. Call Carla on (08) 8201 5367 or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to apply? Get started by following the link below.
Your IMA Facilitators
Senior Lecturer In Innovation and Enterprise
Bert values courage over comfort, inspiring leaders to build a vision and pursue change. Since 2012, he’s been a global pioneer in the lean startup methodology, coaching and developing over 600 student startups. Genuine and caring as well as process, result and impact-oriented, Bert’s purpose and value driven mindset help him teach with clarity of insight.
Carla Dias Wadewitz
Lecturer In Innovation and Enterprise
08 8201 5367
Carla’s passionate about using technology to improve people’s lives. Leveraging on this passion, she’s spent the last 10 years working with numerous companies and start-ups across Europe, Australia, US and Asia, mentoring them in diverse areas such as health/nanotech, manufacturing & industry 4.0, retail and tourism
The Innovative Manufacturing Accelerator is supported by funding from the Australian Government under its Entrepreneurs’ Programme and the National Innovation and Science Agenda.