The Connected Youth Program is designed to reconnect disengaged youth in Whyalla, northern Adelaide, and on the Limestone Coast. It delivers a hands-on experience, while young people work with start-ups, entrepreneurs, business, government, and our team and researchers.
Support and mentoring throughout the program is provided by experts in career planning, business and industry, education, research, entrepreneurship, innovation and youth engagement.
Who is it for?
This program is for young people aged 16-24. It’s ideal for those who are looking to either get a job, or make a job of their own.
What does the program cover?
This program steps young people through:
- Uncovering their passion.
- Developing goals.
- Developing networking skills.
- Personal branding, on- and off-line.
- Creating a blueprint career success.
- Case management and mentoring *or* a workplace-based project, Party Wise, facilitated by the Sammy D Foundation.
- Regular check-ins and chats.
- Graduation event.
Young people who participate in this program build a significant range of skills and capabilities. These include:
- Ethical understanding.
- Literacy and numeracy.
- Career planning.
- Critical and creative thinking.
- Engagement skills, enabling them to build social connections and economic participation.
- Information and communication technology skills.
This program is valued at $1,667 per participant. Thanks to the support of the SA Government, it is fee-free: Youth spend $0 to participate.
Do you know someone who would love this program?
Fill in the form below to get started.