Helping you stay informed.
Measures are being taken to support your business through this tricky time. Here’s what you need to know so far.
Business Contact Centre – 13 28 46
The business contact centre service has been expanded with a dedicated COVID-19 team, available from 7am-9pm across Australia, 7 days a week. Call 13 28 46.
Small business videos
The Australian Small Business & Family Enterprise Ombudsman has released a series of videos to provide guidance to small businesses and sole traders, including:
- COVID-19 – New support package for small businesses
- COVID-19 – What small businesses can do now
- COVID-19 – What sole traders need to know
- COVID-19 – Your obligations regarding staff (Part 1)
- COVID-19 – Your obligations regarding staff (Part 2)
The Australian Taxation Office is providing relief for some tax obligations for businesses affected by the outbreak, on a case-by-case basis. The ATO’s Emergency Support Infoline for businesses can be contacted on 1800 806 218.
The Department of Health has developed a series of posters that can be used by businesses to advise of changes due to Coronavirus. They are downloadable and some are able to be customised:
- Change of hours poster
- Temporary changes poster
- Temporary closure poster
- Good hygiene practices poster
- Other resources