Tips on Choosing the Best Content Creation Agency for your Business
Business marketing strategies have undergone major transformations in the past few years and content has emerged as a new and key determinant of success. By content, I am referring to videos, still images, graphics (anything you can post on social media). Content is indeed king but you need an experienced kingmaker to ensure your business receives the boost it needs to make its mark. It’s thus important to choose the right content creation agency from among the many in the market today. Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting ‘the one!’
- Subject matter knowledge: The firm you hire must understand in-depth, the nature of your business, its objectives, and the kind of clientele you cater to, to be able to create targeted content that meets their needs and answers their specific queries.
- Preach and practice:Look at the agency’s website and the kind of content featured on it, because who would want to hire an agency whose own content isn’t up to the mark. An agency with a vibrant website is one that takes its work seriously and is likely to bring that same attitude to your project.
- References:An agency with a good reputation and proven track record is one you want to hire and happy clients are a great way to verify efficiency and effectiveness. So make sure you talk to previous clients and check out the agency’s reference before signing a contract.
- Market research:The market being the key factor in any marketing initiative, always choose an agency that conducts fresh market research before creating content. Relying on stale data isn’t a prudent way of ensuring success and not many agencies commit to collating the latest figure before launching a campaign.
- Multi-pronged approach:Grabbing the attention of today’s audience requires a multi-disciplinary approach across several platforms including television, social media, streaming services, etc. In such a scenario, choosing a one-stop agency that has the resources to work equally well across platforms is a good move to ensure value for money.
- Feedback and revisions:Developing content is a creative process and it’s unlikely that you will agree on the final content at the first go. Edits, alterations, and reworks would probably be required a few times before you and the agency executives arrive on the same page. So make the wise move of choosing an agency that has a reputation of being open to feedback and flexible with the number of revisions.
- Performance indicators:Last but not the least, all the efforts put in are for naught if there is no way to monitor whether they are working or not. So check up on the performance indicators the firm uses to study the impact of its campaign and make alterations to approaches as and when necessary.
The bottom line is that you as the client should do your homework. Make a list of attributes and requirements and conduct thorough research until you find an agency that perceives your vision perfectly and is in line with your requirements before you sign on the dotted line.
Author: Daniel Tan. Daniel is the founder of Pencil Rocket, and a member of eNVision at Tonsley.